1. Guys, you need to know that Jason has glasses but seldom wears them. I believe his feelings about films may have less to do with rose-colored glasses and more to do with the fact he can’t see the film.
2. Brandon, I also hate Exit Through the Gift Shop (I saw it before I was Film Club), and it brought me joy to read that you hate it, too. (And, yes, I also like the Beacon Call Trap Genre. Doesn’t everyone?)
3. Sometimes hating movies brings me joy (see above).
4. Jason wrote, “I enjoyed and appreciated Hostel.” I want the Film Clubbers who get freaked out by horror films to know that both Jason and I were so disturbed by Hostel when we watched it that neither of us could even move for about ten minutes after the movie was over. Once our catatonia wore off, we kept saying things like, “I’m not sure we should have watched that.” And, “I wish I could forget that.” And, “I don’t feel good.” When Jason says he enjoyed and appreciated Hostel, he means from a safe distance.
5. John, I was also bothered by the ending of The Innkeepers making no sense. It’s one of those endings that’s trying to wear a mask of ambiguity to cover up the fact it didn’t know how to tie up its plot. So you have a point there. The rest of the film was quite good, though, aside from my previous complaint about its misrepresentation of widows.